CEAS Spam Filter Challenge
Live Challenge Overview
- 72-hour live email spam competition
- Live email stream, delivered by standard protocols (SMTP, IMAP, POP)
- Remote and on-site participants welcome
- Server, appliances, proxies, personal filters welcome
Lab Evaluation Overview
- Filter evaluation on several real-life, private email collections
- Backwards-compatible with the TREC spam-filter interface
- Complete feedback and (more realistic) limited feedback training regimes
- Filters will also be evaluated on the live email stream (apples-to-apples comparison)
- Personal filters, statistical filters, past TREC submissions welcome
Links and Information
- Call for Participation.
- Competition Registration (now closed)
- Official Live Challenge Rules and Guidelines.
- Official Lab Evaluation Rules and Guidelines.
- Live Challenge Environment and Filter Configuration.
- Results slideshow.
- Interactive results viewer.
- Presentation by
Richard Segal at the MIT Spam
- Please fill out the form or send an e-mail to to join the competition mailing list.
- Competition registration.
- Toolkit available.
- Test stream beginning.
- Filter submissions for lab evaluation due.
- Live competition starts
- Live competition ends
- (IBM Research)
- (Jozef Stefan Institute)